Monday, November 22, 2010

Reflection.


Pride. Honor. Endurance.

Long ago, mankind have been living their lives in hopes of acceptance, in hopes of being one of them. The women and children stayed at home and tend to house chores, waiting for the head of the family to arrive home from a long day's work. To be able to bring bread to the table and work from dawn to dusk was an important job. To be able to draw swords and fight for your country was called an honor.

A girl's way of gaining honor was to make her parents proud. Back then, when girls dared not stand up, they were taught the basics of home economics, but never philosophy. However, today is a different day. Women are able to climb to the top and show the world their achievements, able to bring honor to their families.

I want to arrive home every day, knowing that my parents are proud of what I have done. I want to sleep each night, knowing that my parents are able to enjoy the fruits of their hard work and that they have raised their child well. This world today is brimming with opportunities to seek and chances to grab.No longer will I ever bring shame to my family name.

I will fight for my country with fruit of the spirit and the waters of knowledge and wisdom. For the pen is mightier that the sword, and words sharper than any obsidian dagger. Mama please do not weep anymore, for the clouds and guardians above weep with you. One day, I will return home from a long journey and you will see. You will see your child all grown up. All that effort put into a small seed nurtured with love, water and sunshine will bloom into flower.

Mum, Dad, I am ready to bring honor to your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment