Monday, January 24, 2011

Origami quilling.


Yes, I have begun my new craze for origami unit boxes. There are so many patterns you can create with the change of a single fold and it is so darn easy. The boxes above were the first two i made. Pretty, no?

The bigger box was made by using four whole pieces of origami paper, which was a bit wasteful. So I started cutting them up into quarters. For the past week, I have been spending countless hours just sitting at the coffee table folding away...

So far, I have made square, heptagon and octagon boxes. For the heptagon boxes, I didn't realize that it was a seven sided box until I saw the title. Funny that. So being the random me, unable to stand having one piece of paper left over, I made two rainbow heptagon boxes. That meant cutting up seven coloured papers into twenty-eight quarters and folding every single one of them.

Viola.
Katekyo Hitman Reborn inspired me. 8D
\\shot.

By the time I was into the octagonal boxes, my friend was texting me so I thought of giving her a box as well... But who would want a box made of paper? So I had and idea. PUT MORE PAPER ONTO IT~~~!
Ahem.
I meant, why not add some quilling to it? :3
No, quilling is not the same as 'quilting'.

This is the difference. (Left)Quilting. (Right)Quilling.















And here is my quilled origami box~!
A hu hu. C:
Puppet.

3 comments:

  1. :OOO epic proness!!!
    woooooooow thats awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute :D i remember doing quilling when i was little haha, it was fun ^^ not sure why i stopped...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its actually easier than it looks C:

    ReplyDelete