Friday, February 25, 2011

Untitled.


Oh the oxymoron title.

Lets get started shall we?
Music. I recently visited a friend's blog and saw that she had an optional play-list at the sidebar. So, having some internet to spare, I thought "Why not.". Oh the nostalgia of the flowing melodies. I started off with the first song on the list, [Kingdom Hearts II, Dearly beloved].

The musical conversation between the clarinet and cello was that amazing touch which brought the opening music to life. It reminded me of my first time putting the C.D. into the slot and beginning a new game, a new adventure. I can say that Square Enix has really caught me off guard with all the deep themes in Kingdom hearts. Friendship, Hope, Bonds, each are an equally important piece of the puzzle.

After looking at other songs on the play-list, a handful of them being my new favourites. (Tifa's theme FF7, Joe Hisaishi's legend of the Ashitaka and Suteki da ne.)

The flow, conversation, harmony and unity of different notes and instruments co-existing together, that is bliss. Closing my eyes and imagining a story blooming with imagination, music really hits the spot of inspiration.

Composers, I salute to thee once again for a job truly well done.
Puppet.

No comments:

Post a Comment