Friday, March 4, 2011

Music to the ears.



What sounds like music to your ears?

Is it the sweet laughter of the joke you just told? Or maybe the sound of bow to strings and fingers to keys?

Recently I was watching tv and this Cadbury advertisement asked the audience: "What does joy sound like? Think about it." It is safe to say that this was one of the ads that really got me thinking hard. However, at the moment joy sounds like music to me.

Next Friday, our chamber orchestra is going to perform at the government house and I am terribly excited. We will be performing pieces from J.S. Bach's Suite no.2. Trying to go to sleep, I was thinking and awful lot about what I find joy in. I guess creating art and music really eases my nerves and lets me enjoy my creative side. Choosing options which were made for writing formulas, essays, reviews and speeches really made me think about what my hands really like to do. I enjoy the swift flicks and strokes of a brush and zig-zagged shading of my mechanical pencil.

Searching up the word 'enjoy', I found different meanings of happiness. Some said that to enjoy is to experience happiness or even finding satisfaction.

I, on the other hand, find enjoyment to be a form of 'enlightening joy'.
Laughter.
Chatter.
Excitement.
Peace of mind.
Success.
Friendship.
Broken silence.
What does joy sound like to you? Think about it.

Puppet.

No comments:

Post a Comment